|Posted: October 30th, 2017
EHL: Express Sweep to Top of Division
Walpole, MA - The EHL team travelled to Laconia, NH this weekend for two games against the New England Wolves. Prior to the road trip the Express had their worst stretch of the season with a 2-1-2 record during their 5 last five. An explosive offense and solid goaltending help the team come home with 4 points and 2 big wins.
In game one, the Express would find themselves on the board early in the game as Josh Grasso (Wolfeboro, NH) would rip a shot from the point top corner to start the scoring. The team would never look back as they would come away with a 6-2 win in game one.
“I was happy with our offensive play and the way we stood up for each other when things got chippy,” said Coach Lounsbury. “Its a good road win but we have to find a way to be better disciplined in our defensive zone.”
Malachi Albrecht (New Dundee, Ont) improved to 5-2 on the season by stopping 25-27 shots faced.
1. Josh Grasso - Assists: Zach Damico, Ryan Edgar
2. Chris Peters - Assists: Larry Niland, Will Lebel
3. Trevor Pray - Assists: Eric Wright, Will Lebel
4. Will Lebel - Assists: Josh Grasso, Chris Peters
5. Will Ahearn - Assists: Larry Niland, Sam Johnson
6. Eric Wright - Assists: Zach Damico, Trevor Pray
Although a chippy game, the Express found a way to get on the board early and never look back as the came home with another 6-2 victory. “It was chippy game but our guys found a way to stay focused and play the way we re capable of playing” said Coach Lounsbury. “I was happy with our effort and once again pleased that our team stood up for one another when things got tough” added Lounsbury. Max Flynn (Wenatchee, WA) would get his 6th win of the season as he stopped 23-25 shots faced.
- Larry Niland - Assists: Chris Peters, Zach Damico
- Larry Niland - Assists: Charlie Page, Chris Peters
- Eric Wright - Assists: Tommy McCarthy, Cam Sullivan
- Bryan Colburn - Assists: Eric Wright, Chris Peters
- Bryan Colburn - Assists: Chris Peters, Chris Gratton
- Chris Peters - Assists: Bryan Colburn, Henry Bruckner
The Express will head to Cape Cod Friday for a 7:30pm game against the Total Athletic Seahawks. The Express are currently sitting in first place in the Boston Division.