The Walpole Express Junior Hockey Club was started in 2005 by Rob Barletta
. The program was inaugurated to provide ambitious hockey players from across the country, a team to develop into successful scholar athletes in college.
The Express Men's teams are proud members of the Eastern Hockey League at the Premier and Elite Divisions. The league is based on the goal of player development and successful college placement.
The Express Women's team is a member of the New England Women's Junior Hockey League, which began play in October 2014. The NEWJHL develops female players via exceptional coaching, well-designed practices and competitive situations while providing opportunities for players to advance their hockey careers to the collegiate level. The league also promotes good sportsmanship and teamwork, and help instill responsibility in the participating players, who will be held to high standards on the ice and in the classroom.
The Express program feels that academic excellence is something for which every one of its players should strive for and commitment, dedication, enthusiasm as well as perseverance on and off the ice are the keys to opening the doors to opportunity!
Members of the Walpole Express are mandated to attend college classes in addition to finding & maintaining employment! They are also responsible for the betterment of the community and team. Our intentions are to mold the complete player, a highly educated, motivated young man with class and integrity.
Our Organizational goals are:
- To encourage and assist our players to continue their education, during and after their careers with the Walpole Express
- To provide quality coaching and instruction in hockey, nutrition, fitness, strength
and mental conditioning
- To advise and assist in the college admissions process
- To increase our players’ visibility by showcasing their hockey talents for
- To develop the players’ work ethic via comprehensive training and practice regiments
- To hone our players’ skills by providing the opportunity to play in a highly
- To maintain our players’ amateur status as defined by the NCAA standards
- To provide the guidance necessary for our players to mature socially and emotionally
- The Walpole Express lead young adults by helping them see that effort they bring
to their team, their schooling and their community will afford them lessons that
extend beyond the end the game.
If interested in learning more about the program, don't hesitate to contact us.